[coreboot] f2a85-m related topics

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Thu Mar 28 08:36:46 CET 2013

> That’s strange. What Linux kernel do you use? Do you get any error
> messages?

I think some latest version I need to check when I have time again. It is some
panic because LED from keyboard blinks.

>> The issue with SeaBIOS is gone.
> Awesome! Due to a newer SeaBIOS version or coreboot changes?

Don't know it is simply gone. I think new is issue with GART that linux stole it
from memory. I need to check all logs carefuly (and post them ;)

> No idea. As you know already, according to Jens the Verb Table format is
> undocumented and Realtek does not give out any information [2].
> What chip do you have? Realtek ALC887? At least that is what searching
> for »f2a85-m realtek alc« seems to suggest.

Yes  think so. I my patch will simply write that verbs.

>> The last, so far known issue is that SeaBIOS likes to boot only from first AHCI
>> port. I need to check this.
> What SeaBIOS version do you use?

Latest master. Also need to re-check.