[coreboot] Question about STACK_SIZE

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Thu May 2 17:58:35 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de> wrote:
> Am 02.05.2013 16:32, schrieb Aaron Durbin:
>> I am wondering why the ramstage stack size is so large on a lot of boards:
>
>> Is this just an artifact of copy-n-paste? What is driving the
>> requirement for such large stack sizes?
> Other than for wakeup-from-suspend, no-one ever cares if that's 4k or
> 400k, except that things might fail if it is too small.

Presumably the stack poisoning has somewhat of an impact on boot times
and coreboot users generally care about that? 64KiB stack with
MAX_CPUS = 16 is 1MiB of memory just for stack and it's poisoning.
It's definitely not dire, but just something to think about. I'm not
sure what the expectations are for boot time from existing users.

-Aaron