[coreboot] List of ideas for coreboot meeting on Sunday and Monday in Berlin

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 24 08:23:48 CEST 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

as you all know after LinuxTag [1] there is going to be a coreboot
workshop/hackfest/you name it/meeting on Sunday and Monday [2].

The Infrastructure Projects page in the Wiki [3] lists a lot of things,
which we can hack on, and on Sunday morning it is planned to have a
planning session for what to work on.

If you already know of something which should be mentioned in that
session, just name it here in a reply as it won’t hurt to think about
that beforehand already.

I start by listing with what I heard already and my suggestions. (No
order of priority.)

General
=======
1. Think about ACPI and romstage.c unification.

AMD
===

AGESA
-----
1. Implement `EARLY_CBMEM_INIT` for at least AGESA boards.
2. Get timing stuff working.
3. Integrate AGESA debug into Kconfig.
4. Optimize boot speed.
5. Suspend to RAM and resume for the ASRock E350M1.
6. Test DDR3 modules on the ASUS F2A85-M.
7. Fix the ASUS M2A-VM patch and commit it to corebootv4 repository.
8. Port the ASRock A780FullHD.

GeodeLX
--------
1. Try coreboot on the MiniPC system with a LX800 board.

Intel
=====
1. Get native graphics init working on the Lenovo ThinkPad X60 (and
X201).

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://linuxtag.de/2013/