[coreboot] BadBIOS Thoughts

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:15:54 CET 2013

Hello!
I am leaning towards the payload if one can use that term, to have
been delivered via an infected USB stick. There are plenty of stories,
sadly none verifiable of people who work for Defense contractors
seeing their parking lots littered with these selecting one and
bringing it in. When used on a computer that missed getting its
settings so-fixed, (Windows remember!) the machine gets tagged as a
bot and promptly causes such mischief.

In this particular case things went from bad to worse to strange and annoying.

And even the reporter behind the story gets involved in the commentary.

It would have been interesting to see the traffic that our friend saw
happening, on a Wireshark trace for example that any of us could
replay. Obviously it won't happen but still....
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com