[coreboot] BadBIOS Thoughts

mrnuke mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:45:18 CET 2013

On 11/20/2013 03:29 AM, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> Microsoft money gets returned (even if it's just $30).
> Norton paid money to get installed (it's a 30 days demo for a reason).
> You won't get around the IBV fees with this model, I grant that.

How exactly do you get the software fees back without suing?

> The proposal is for a market study - of which I wouldn't be too
> optimistic anyway. People would find something to gripe over to dismiss
> any such project anyway (so they can continue to buy Apple gear with
> good conscience).

Would you pay $1000 for a Pavilion 14 chromebook if it came with a
full-HD display, bigger SSD, and coreboot+SeaBIOS ?

Point being, if this is just a market study, is, either the prices will
have to be insane, or the researches loses tons of money.

> Why would an individual or company trying this on kickstarter require a
> coreboot non-profit?

Income taxes.

> With which you (according to your theory above) stated that you have no
> problem with ME firmware and closed source memory init.
> And now we have FSP. Great job.

You first need to raise awareness about coreboot, before going into the
details. If I started describing the Levi-Civita connection on
d-dimensional manifolds, without first talking at length about the
geometry of surfaces in 3-space, you'd call me a mad man.

Alex