[coreboot] looking for a good, small, low power, portable board

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 29 10:28:34 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 09:58:54PM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> The hudson chip has an rtl8139? That is surprising. That's a very old
> part. But I'll do some looking. I'm quite unfamiliar with those parts
> :-)

Does anyone know how Realtek RTL8111E hold up under load?
I'm speculating on http://www.pcengines.ch/apu.htm for
router purposes (notice it will run CoreBoot out of the box).

Given it's an APU, one might achieve comparable to superior
packet per second rates than Cavium, which is cheap and good
http://www.ubnt.com/edgemax but full of proprietary blobs.