[coreboot] HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook - AKA Butterfly

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 06:44:52 CEST 2013

On 19.10.2013 01:40, John Lewis wrote:

<clip>

> Here's the dmesg output you asked for. Only two commands I'm currently
> running are "modprobe g_dbgp" and "screen /dev/ttyGS0". That timeout
> line was at 697 (have also git-pulled today). Increasing it made the
> output consistently miss off the loading segments messages and "Using LZMA".

What do you mean line 697? That endpoint timeout setting really should
be on line 802. Double-check this.

Unfortunately the dmesg log was not annotated nor did you send the
related coreboot console log file. I guess you rebooted the target
chromebook several times during this log?

Let's reduce the number of unknowns and try to replicate the setup I
have here as close as possible:

1. Use your samsung/lumpy instead of google/butterfly for the testing.

2. Use stty, cat and picocom as described on the wiki page.

3. Install archlinux-arm on the BBB. The one I use has kernel tagged
with version string 3.8.13-7-ARCH. With the patches for the gadget
driver there is also a pre-built and patched g_dbgp module to be used
with this kernel.

Kyösti