[coreboot] HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook - AKA Butterfly

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Wed Oct 23 14:59:39 CEST 2013

On 21/10/2013 19:52, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:

> On 21.10.2013 15:02, John Lewis wrote:
>
>>> Let's reduce the number of unknowns and try to replicate the setup
>>> have here as close as possible: 1. Use your samsung/lumpy instead
>>> of
>>> google/butterfly for the testing. 2. Use stty, cat and picocom as
>>> described on the wiki page. 3. Install archlinux-arm on the BBB.
>>> The
>>> one I use has kernel tagged with version string 3.8.13-7-ARCH. With
>>> the patches for the gadget driver there is also a pre-built and
>>> patched g_dbgp module to be used with this kernel. Kyösti
>> Hi Kyösti, Trying to load ehci then usbserial_usbdebug module in
>> Grub
>> on Lumpy gives "error: no transfer descriptors available for EHCI
>> transfer". I've got a more verbose log for Butterfly, and it looks
>> me as though it's having trouble with graphics, as well as not
>> actually
>
> Hi
>
> Did you get a complete usbdebug log with lumpy? Including the loading
> of
> payload?
>
> Kyösti

Hi Kyösti,

During my experiments and edge cases yesterday I discovered that
Butterfly will boot from a Parrot build. All that needs to be done is to
change the vendor and model strings in menuconfig.

I've a vague notion that someone mentioned to me that Parrot and
Butterfly are pretty much identical, and that the Butterfly code is old,
smelly, and probably doesn't work. I've also an idea that was Stefan. I
could equally have made all that up, but thank you Stefan if not, and I
apologise for forgetting your advice!

Cheers,

John.