[coreboot] Help required to boot DUET (Seabios floppy mechanism)

Anthony Ross anthonyross230 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:00:54 CEST 2013

Thanks for the heartiest reply. Well I have gone through the pros & cons of
DUET & haven' t faced any hurdles thus successfully building it. Similarly
getting to the EDK2 project I have successfully built OVMF 32 & 64 with
secure boot configuration, integrating them with seabios as csm and
initializing them in QEMU-kvm. I have also successfully built & booted  the
Coreboot Pkg IA32 encapsulating it in the coreboot.rom and booting it under
QEMU-kvm except for the X64 architectures I faced certain toolchain errors.

So if the Coreboot Pkg can boot so should DUET. I know there are both
different but any how they both follow the same basis of the UEFI platform.
I say this because the Coreboot Pkg (coreboot.rom) during its boot up shows
signs of errors & debugging messages are worth noting but DUET
(coreboot.rom) seems just absent.It also does not indicate any low memory
problems in real mode, frankly speaking the coreboot.rom just boots as if
it was built with just a seabios payload. Yes one thing can be noted when I
had earlier booted DUET directly under QEMU it indicated something as
'executing code out of memory' and it aborted there.Secondly taking again
into concern the Coreboot Pkg it follows lzma compression and also DUET so
any issue about that?  & what about QEMU does it require any changes as for
DUET

Well I await for a reply.........

Regards

Neo