[coreboot] Info BIOS Acer Aspire 1300

valentinorossi10 at alice.it valentinorossi10 at alice.it
Fri Sep 6 12:22:16 CEST 2013

Dear staff of the promising project "coreboot", my name is Marco and I am writing to ask you for information about the compatibility of your BIOS with my old laptop Acer Aspire 1300 (following characteristics) that, despite his age, still turns out to be an excellent tool for work and entertainment (especially when used with Linux operating systems), but unfortunately lacks some small drawbacks that do not allow to express the full potential: for example, despite updating the BIOS to the latest version (see 3a71 dating back to 2003), it is not possible to use SSE instructions, which would be fully supported by the CPU (Athlon XP-M 2200 +), but are not enabled in the BIOS, which can not be changed manually, if not to set the time or the boot sequence for devices. Therefore, I was wondering if your brilliant product would be able to solve my little / big problem and, anyway, I hope in the future you manage in your intent to create a new revolutionary and out of the ordinary BIOS for all the coputers on the market. Here are the features of my laptop, which I hope will be sufficient to determine the compatibity:
Board vendors: AcerBoard name: Aspire 1300 (ET2S)CPU: AMD Athlon XP-M 2200 +Northbridge: VIA KN133Southbridge: VIA VT8231BIOS: Insyde Software (v.3a71), 512KB ROM
I hope soon to receive your news. Sincerely, Marco.