[coreboot] Coreboot Haswell Support

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Tue Sep 17 14:12:04 CEST 2013

Hello Patrick,

Do not want to reply to your (rather angry) arguments, I just can help a lot. I am one at INTEL who constantly and steadily fights for what you said below, but... INTEL business managers with numbers are far more important than I am. Allow me freedom not to go to details.

Let me try to help. Three points:
[1] You writes: Yes, and Google's "best effort" only had to happen because Intel isn't willing to support their customers' wishes.
	Here I am, rather very voluntarily, listening to customer wishes, and trying to push them through with INTEL structures.
[2] You writes: "locked IPS, sole property of INTEL" is probably not a very appropriate slogan when interacting with an open source community.
	Agree. I could not (!) explain to you what I did within INTEL Inside to change that. So far, I am facing the same Iron Wall as you do.
[3] You write: Maybe you can figure out a schedule for when we can expect an FSP binary that we can host in our 3rdparty repository under the same terms as the current MRC binaries?
	So far, I do not know exact date. I see that the schedule dates date supposed to be released, and it will be certainly HSW FSP + Coreboot (from INTEL public document).

I relentlesly expect that Sage upstreams IVB Coreboot changes to Coreboot Open Source, and these to become to be part of everyday Coreboot generic x86 framework.

Stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of the box".