[coreboot] Freescale i.MX6

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:31:38 CEST 2013

Hi all

> I do not know of any active efforts to support i.MX6 in coreboot. However,
> if you are interested in leading the porting effort then we can help. I
> think that ARM-specific portions will be simple. The hard parts are DRAM and
> peripheral init. If we can help you boot to the point where UART works, will
> you feel comfortable doing the remaining work?

DRAM init is quite simple on the I.MX6. Also it is quite simple to
turn on all peripheral
clocks. The IOMUX stuff could be a little bit challenging as I don't
know the current
sw architecture coreboot uses on ARM.

> As far as I know, the focus of ARM development in coreboot is on Exynos5
> (Cortex-A15). We are currently booting Exynos5250 and Exynos5420 systems. TI
> AM335X (Cortex-A8) support is still somewhat active, but is a side-project.
> We can initialize the CPU and get serial console output so future
> development will be much easier.

Looks like a fun project for some rainy holiday days :) Maybe I can
help out a little bit as
I did a u-boot board-bring-up for a custom I-MX6D/Q board the last weeks.

--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc