[coreboot] Coreboot Haswell Support

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 23:49:09 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Karl-Heinz Nirschl
<kh.nirschl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Zoran,
>
> my intention was just to do some experiements with coreboot - and haswell
> was the most interessting platform for me.
>
> looks like i have to wait until intel allows release of mrc.bin or use some
> other platform.

Actually, regretfully, I am afraid I added to some confusion here.
As it happens the chromebooks may be the best way to go for this.
With the enhancements Nico created, it's not possible to install a coreboot that
'wraps around' the already installed mrc.bin and me binaries. So you
don't need those
files on a chromebook -- they're already there. YMMV with other systems.

This is all still pretty experimental (read: I have no clue if it
works, not having tried it)
but it's supposed to work.Would love to hear that it does.

ron