[coreboot] qemu-armv7: code execution out of RAM or ROM using latest QEMU

Piotr Król pietrushnic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 00:13:07 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 04:00:19PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> Sorry, in other words, how much ROM are you setting up on that qemu
> board? The 'execute outside ram or rom' is usually a jump to an IP
> that qemu does not recognize as ROM/RAM.

ROM is probably represented in vexpress-a9 as vexpress.flash0 and
vexpress.flash1. Both are 64M (0x4000000).

> I suspect our emulator is assuming SRAM in there somewhere, can you
> check? Certainly we depend on SRAM on the real hardware.

vexpress.sram is 32M (0x2000000).

This is memory map (info mtree) form qemu console - VE_NORFLASHALIAS=0
https://gist.github.com/pietrushnic/afe7bd2e036150888609

Same thing with VE_NORFLASHALIAS=-1:
https://gist.github.com/pietrushnic/be916c58de8c9a710297

Thanks,