[coreboot] earliest running code with qemu

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 13 09:23:13 CEST 2014

Am 13.08.2014 07:05 schrieb ron minnich:
> I'm sure it could run were someone to implement it.

A few years ago, I implemented partial MTRR support in Qemu. To be
exact, I added support for not throwing away the MTRR contents after a
write and now you can actually read the MTRRs after writing. That said,
you'd have to add real MTRR handling to get CAR (cache-as-RAM) to work
in Qemu. I once had some half-finished patches, but that was before Qemu
used QOM. It might be possible to salvage these half-finished patches
once I dig up my old hard drive. The mechanics of implementing CAR are a
bit tricky, but I think overall maybe 200 lines of code should suffice.
If you're still interested, tell me and I'll try to dig up my old patch
over the next few weeks (old hard drive is in a pile, and I don't know
which one has that patch).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel