[coreboot] coreboot for old mainboard Shuttle AN35N Ultra V1.1 (Nvidia nForce2)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 18 07:31:02 CEST 2014

Dear Foli,

Am Sonntag, den 17.08.2014, 22:53 +0200 schrieb Foli Ayivoh:
> Hi, just wanted to know if I could install coreboot onto my old board?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> The requested data:
>
> board vendor:           Shuttle
> board name:             AN35N Ultra V1.1
> CPU:                    AMD Athlon XP 3200+
> northbridge:            Nvidia nForce2

that northbridge is not supported and is unlikely it ever will be
considering how Nvidia does not release any documentation at all for x86
device – same as for graphic device. I heard they are much better with
ARM devices though. So there is hope.

So better use AMD based boards if you want to use x86 devices.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul