[coreboot] disabling bios usb stack

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:28:36 CEST 2014

This is really interesting information, thanks.

This embedded USB stack problem actually impacts HPC applications.
This type of periodic interference can cause big troubles when you
have lots of nodes.

Look for "the case of the missing supercomputer performance" for a
classic paper. In that case, a 1/30 hz (i.e. lpd dropping out of
select every 30 seconds on 2048 nodes) was worth a couple tens of
millions of dollars of performance.

I'm amazed that the embedded USB stack problems are WORSE, not better,
than they were a few years back. The x86 world just keeps getting more
backwards. I'm sorry to see the ARM V8 world trying to emulate it.

ron