[coreboot] for more working mainboards

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:05:05 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM,  <echelon at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello Ron,
> Could you be more speciffic about "what is not doable" today? (and why?)
> Sorry to be annoying..

You are not being annoying at all. And I wish I could say more. Let me
just say that some of the hardware bugs I saw were very complex, and
very subtle, and only observable on some very expensive logic
analyzers. The resolution of them required a lot of help from the
vendors. They took lots of time with lots of engineers and resolved
down, typically, to very small changes.

I was left feeling that the small outfits that used to do hardware in
the early days (I mean the 70s and 80s) could never make it in this
new world. It's very expensive and very hard. I realize some might see
the raspberry pi is a counterpoint, but I don't think it really is,
because the level of complexity of that system is so much less.

ron