[coreboot] New board with unsupported cpu, chipset, and superIO

Todd Weaver todd at m2n.com
Thu Aug 28 20:26:34 CEST 2014

On Aug 28, 2014, at 10:59 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The truth here is that we NEED to have a blob-free version (libreboot), so I have a lot of work ahead of me :)
>
> How much time and money for the RE effort did you have again? It needs
> to be a lot. Were I you I would not expect much help from the vendor
> to RE their code :-)

Time was measured in months. Not weeks nor years. Funds varied, which is why we are gathering interested developers to get some quotes to propose funding the effort.

> And you're still going to need the microcode blob, almost certainly,
> unless you don't like having a working main board.

We require blob-free and a working main board, so this sounds like a really challenging RE effort indeed!

> If you NEED blob-free, you may need to go ARM.

We cannot easily (actually it would be quite impossible) to move from the Intel hardware at this point.

Todd.