[coreboot] C720 - ROM file

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Tue Feb 4 16:03:59 CET 2014

Hi Carmelo,

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Carmelo Ingrao <carmelo at ingrao.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new here and I hope I don't do anything wrong posting my question
> here ...
>
> So I have a C720P, and I wanted to have the blank nag screen only for
> 1 second : I have unscrewed the write protect screw, and in dev mode I
> have done this :
>
> sudo set_gbb_flags.sh 0x489
>
> I didn't received any error message, but now I can't have SeaBIOS
> anymore ...

SeaBIOS was loading correctly until you changed the GBB flags, right?
And CTRL+L is just not being detected any longer? Can you change the
GBB flags back and determine if the legacy booting still works?

> I have read online it may be caused by the wipe of SeaBIOS part in the
> ROM.

It's possible. Since you are in dev mode, could you run the following?
' iotools mmio_dump 0xffc00000 0x200000 -b | hexdump -C' It will dump
the contents of legacy portion of the flash. We'd know for certain if
the area is wiped.

> I need :
> - - reinstall SeaBIOS, I have found this
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.coreboot.seabios/7572 but I
> don't understand what "For those interested in reproducing, it will
> require the very latest
> seabios from the git repo." stands for ..
>
> - - Or maybe I can write ALL the bios file, but I need someone intact
> one ... So if someone very kind can on his C720P  launch this command
> :"sudo flashrom -r /tmp/image.rom" and send me the file it'll save my
> day :)

That would work or, alternatively, you could build  a SeaBIOS image
yourself and write to the area. I think we should determine if the rom
area is wiped or not first.