[coreboot] Unable to start correctly coreboot on Asus f2a85-m REV 1.02

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:25:43 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM, HacKurx <hackurx at gmail.com> wrote:

> > OK. Please can you enable AGESA debug stuff. It should produce more
> > output.
> >
> > You can do that by uncommenting #define IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED in mainboard
> > directory OptionsIds.h file.
> >
> > We dont have a menuconfig for that yet.
>
> I made it. There is in my file:
> grep "#define IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED"
> coreboot/src/mainboard/asus/f2a85-m/OptionsIds.h
> #define IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED     TRUE
>
> I get exactly the same result with this option...
>
> I also tested the following options without success. :
> CONFIG_DEBUG_CBFS
> CONFIG_DEBUG_MALLOC
> CONFIG_DEBUG_ACPI
> CONFIG_DEBUG_SPI_FLASH
>
> What can I do now? Thanks.

Please double check IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED.

I have first-hand experience with Rudolf's suggestion to use that #define,
I have an F2A85-M as well. With IDSOPT_IDS_ENABLED, the serial output is
significantly longer. I suspect the build system does not catch the change
since it's not in menuconfig.

Perhaps try 'make clean' followed by all the normal build steps?

David