[coreboot] Setting up build environment

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 00:39:49 CET 2014

> Hello Idwer,

8<

> I have noticed that whenever I call make it gives a warning about not having
> a compiler for aarch64-elf and also complains about not having an IASL
> compiler and suggesting that I install the one that comes with CentOS.

You do not need aarch64-elf to compile for qemu, but you can leave the
built binaries around.

Apparently CentOS installs, or will install, a really old version of
iasl; here you'll see that they (still) use
iasl-20090123-3.1.el6.x86_64:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/Packages/ while the xgcc
version is 20130626.

---

Another possible solution is to compile SeaBIOS manually:
$ git clone https://github.com/KevinOConnor/seabios.git seabios_github
&& cd seabios_github
$ make menuconfig <choose coreboot as the hardware target, then exit>
$ make IASL=/home/andy.pont/Software/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin/iasl
Then adjust the coreboot configuration so that it uses the manually
compiled ELF, found in seabios_github/out/bios.bin.elf and run 'make'
again in the coreboot directory.