[coreboot] Error while creating FILO payload

Naman Govil namangov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:14:47 CET 2014

Hi,
I was trying to build a FILO payload to see the functionality of coreboot
on qemu. For doing this, I went for building libpayload and FILO in one go
using the build.sh script, with default options for both of them. But I got
the following error:

# configuration written to .config
#
Building libpayload...
Warning: no suitable GCC for armv7.
/bin/sh: 1: -print-libgcc-file-name: not found
/bin/sh: 1: -print-libgcc-file-name: not found
cp: cannot stat 'lib.config': No such file or directory
make: ***
[/home/naman/coreboot/payloads/filo/build/libpayload/lib/libpayload.a]
Error 1

Hence the config file was not created and thus ELF FILO image was not
created. Can someone help me understand why this happened and how to
rectify it?
Also I wanted to know, once the filo.elf payload is ready, how to create a
hard disk image containing the Linux kernel and optional initramfs that
FILO loads. My ultimate goal is to use this hard-disk image with a
coreboot.rom i create.

Regards,
Naman Govil