[coreboot] SeaVGABIOS with native vga init (Need testers)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 12 22:35:08 CET 2014

Dear Kevin,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.02.2014, 12:58 -0500 schrieb Kevin O'Connor:
> I have recently put together a basic implementation of a vgabios for
> use with displays that are initialized by coreboot.

awesome news!

> I've run some basic tests on this version of SeaVGABIOS on my
> hardware.  However, I don't have one of the boards where coreboot
> supports native vga init.  It would be great if someone with the
> hardware (looks like stout, x60, and maybe others) could run tests.

Thanks to Luc, the VIA K8x890 based boards like Asus M2V-MX SE have had
native graphics init for a long time.

        commit aeb6c9870f0b1af8c0b55b2034f881da6757c4a4
        Author: Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be>
        Date:   Thu Jul 23 16:04:58 2009 +0000

            sb/via/k8t890: add vga textmode code for k8m890 chrome igp.

            Add initialisation for the VIA Chrome 9 IGP on the k8m890 through native code
            and through the general vga infrastructure i committed a month or two ago.
            Add videoram_size option for k8m890 and the Asus M2V-MX SE.

Looking through the output of

	$ git grep k8t890 src/mainboard/

the boards Asus A8V-E Deluxe, Asus A8V-E SE, Asus K8V-X, Asus M2V-MX SE
and Asus M2V should theoretically support that.

I’ll try to test it on the Asus M2V-MX SE. Hopefully some other owner is
quicker than me.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul