[coreboot] Trouble with coreboot for Roda RK9 15" and 17"

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Fri Feb 7 11:37:31 CET 2014

Hello Dmitry,

Am 03.02.2014 09:42, schrieb Дмитрий Багрянский:
> Hello Nico,
>
> Could you please help me to solve some problems?
> Laptop: Roda RK9 15" and 17"
>
> With model 13" the coreboot works well, but as for  15" and 17" models we faced with the following problems:
> 15" - I add vga bios from native BIOS Phoenix  and when it is loading the screen is  brightened but the text may be distinguised.
> 17" - I do the same actions, but when it is loading the screen is white and then fades.
There is one setting in the int15 handler that might be related to your
problem. Have a look in `src/mainboard/roda/rk9/mainboard.c` line 72
(the 0x5f40 case). I don't recall exactly what this does, but according
to the comment, we read the setting from the DIP-switch near the LVDS
connectors. Maybe we've got the mapping for the DIP-switch values
wrong. You could try values from 0x00 to 0x0f for X86_CX. Or adjust the
offest: +2 instead of +1 did also work on the machine we did the original
port for.

Hope that helps. If it does, please share your findings.

Best regards,
Nico

--
M. Sc. Nico Huber
Berater, SINA-Softwareentwicklung

Tel.: +49-201-5454-3635, Fax: +49-201-5454-1325
E-Mail: nico.huber at secunet.com
Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Deutschland
www.secunet.com

Sitz: Kronprinzenstraße 30, 45128 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Willem Bulthuis, Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Peter Zattler