[coreboot] Need help to compile an AMD Geode GX2 VSA Binary

jamie at toasty.dk jamie at toasty.dk
Fri Jan 10 18:16:01 CET 2014

Hi Quentin,

I can tell you how I got the toolchain and source files in place, and
compiled my own amd_vsa_lx.bin.

How we take this further and modify the code for the GX2 is another
matter. Perhaps we can get some help with this from Nils Jacobs...

I did all my work in VirtualBox VMs, starting with a fresh install of
Windows 2000, updated to SP4, plus some newer patches. C drive is NTFS.
Then I did the following:

Install unzip:
I used this one: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/unzip.htm

Install MASM 6.11:
download it from:
http://cvrce.blog.com/2009/08/28/masm-v611-free-download/

run setup.exe from the disk1 directory
NT only
MASM.EXE: no
Help files: no
Sample programs: no
Install to C:\MASM611\BIN
add to path C:\MASM611\BIN

Patch to MASM 6.14:
unpack ML614.EXE to a temporary directory
Follow the directions in README.TXT
copy patch files to C:\MASM611
- PATCH.EXE
- PATCH.RTD
- PATCH.RTP
run PATCH.EXE from within C:\MASM611
copy H2INC.EXE and H2INC.ERR to C:\MASM611\BIN (overwrite the existing
files)

Install VC++ 1.52c:
download it from:
http://vetusware.com/download/Visual%20C%2B%2B%201.52c/?id=9008
unzip the MSVC15 folder to C:\ (you don't need to run setup)
create environment variable LIB=C:\MSVC15\LIB
add to path C:\MSVC15\BIN

I used an Ubuntu machine to get the source files:
git clone http://dev.laptop.org/git/geode-vsa

If you've done everything right, then go in to the source build
directory, and run:
nmake all

Let me know how you make/made out!
  -Jamie