[coreboot] lzma: Deconding error = 1 for QEMU q35 with SeaBIOS

Piotr Król pietrushnic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 16:09:31 CET 2014

Hi Coreboot experts,
I'm trying to use latest Coreboot code(c9babb2) with QEMU(1cf892c) q35
and SeaBIOS(master). Unfortunately, I encounter lzma decoding error
(log: http://pastebin.com/aPaPBjZQ).

I tried to debug LzmaDecode and it looks like rep0 reach some big value
in my case 0x14ed98 after going though lzmadecode.c loops and bitwise
modifications. This triggers RC_INIT after checking condition and return
LZMA_RESULT_DATA_ERROR:

coreboot/payloads/libpayload/liblzma/lzmadecode.c:
379:      if (rep0 > nowPos)
380:        return LZMA_RESULT_DATA_ERROR;

Is this known issue ?
Any suggestion for fixing it ?

I'm new to this group, so sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding
that I introduced.

Regards,
Piotr