[coreboot] [RFC] board_status: Add serial log to `serial_console.txt`

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Jul 4 01:18:34 CEST 2014

Necromancing this thread...

Sage has a patch to *optionally* use a serial console log in
board_status.sh: http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/6094/

Earlier objections to such an approach seemed to stem from either:
- Desire to use cbmem console instead. A fine idea, but on some platforms
(especially those which use AGESA) a lot of information gets spit out to
the console before cbmem is available. Re-factoring to make cbmem init
happen earlier is unfeasible AFAICT.

- Avoid confusing cbmem console log and other logs. This can be easily
solved by using a different filename. I personally think it's best to only
upload one log (whichever is most useful) and avoid polluting the web UI
with redundant files. But I could live with multiple console logs if others
feel strongly.

Seeing as how only a small handful of people currently actually use this
utility anyway, I'm inclined to think it's best to make the utility more
useful for a major coreboot contributor get some more status reports
uploaded.

Thoughts?

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)