[coreboot] high-pitched whine on x60/t60

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:51:06 CEST 2014

These power supply issues are quite fun, like other things. The mistake
would be to say that, because there is noise, coreboot is wrong and vendor
firmware is right. It can be far more subtle than that. It could even be
the case that coreboot is right, the vendor code is wrong, and the
correction is eliciting noise because coreboot has revealed some other
problem.

I can't tell you how many times we've looked at, e.g., u-boot for some ARM,
realized we had no idea why the code in question (vendor code) ever worked,
and fixed it. And found some other issue, somewhere else, because of the
fix.

ron