[coreboot] Naming for identical chips with different model numbers due to different package variants

Felix Held felix-coreboot at felixheld.de
Tue Jun 3 18:52:10 CEST 2014

Hi!

> some vendor will come up with a way to break a naming scheme.
That why I choose NCT6776D and not NCT6776 as name.
NCT6776D and NCT6776F have a common datasheet and the only difference I
could spot was the package. But the manufacturer might release a chip
with a different suffix and slightly different functionality, which
would probably break stuff, when I call the chip just NCT6776.
Also the suffix is part of the name.

I think I keep NCT6776D as name and change the chip description to
CHIP_NAME("NUVOTON NCT6776D/F Super I/O")
Seems to be the best solution to me.

Regards
Felix