[coreboot] Intel FSP on Bayley Bay CRB: No output

Martin Roth martin.roth at se-eng.com
Wed Jun 4 23:18:15 CEST 2014

Heh,  Yep, I'm definitely not a lawyer - I wasn't trying to express this
as a fact -  I tried to make it clear that this was just my
understanding of the current situation.

I think that using a BSD header on the files that include the microcode
could be fine - I really don't know.  It's a stupidly simple file.  I've
been talking with Intel about it, but I'm not sure that they really want
to GPL their microcode.  I'd imagine that getting permission to do that
would involve a *BUNCH* of lawyers, and what would the implications of
doing that be?

I'm also not sure what the implications of just changing the headers on
the files are...   Couldn't someone challenge us doing that?  It seems
tricky...  I'm pretty uncomfortable with the whole situation - that's
why I was thinking that just making a utility that turns the microcode
files into binaries might be the best solution, but I don't know....

Martin