[coreboot] Intel native graphics init: Questions about GTT setup: Apple MacBook 2, 1 and EFI

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 9 14:32:25 CEST 2014

Am Sonntag, den 08.06.2014, 17:57 -0700 schrieb ron minnich:
> Does anybody want to have a go at a further interpration of the errors?
> That would help. Does this error mean a present bit was not set, or the
> address was wrong, or ...

That register is not documented in the public Intel 945 datasheet [4].

Using the Intel 965 datasheet [5], page 207, `PGTBL_ER: 0x00000001`
means HOST_INVALID_GTT_PTE, „Invalid GTT Entry during Fetch on behalf of
the Host“.

Please note, the intel-gpu-tools [6] include the program
`intel-error-decode`.

I’ll decode the error with coreboot on the Lenovo X60 in my reply to the
other message.

Thanks,

Paul

[4] http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/mobile-945-express-chipset-datasheet.pdf