[coreboot] [RFC] Extend `board_info.txt` to include comments

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 9 23:01:39 CEST 2014

Dear coreboot folks,

the patch set [1]

    hp/abm: Adds the new mainboard

extends `board_info.txt` to include comments about the board [2].

        1       +Board name: hp/abm

(I think, the official name belongs into board name.)

        2       +Category: customer
        3       +ROM protocol: SPI
        4       +ROM socketed: n
        5       +Flashrom support: y
        6       +
        7       +The hp/abm board is used in network/server applications.
        8       +
        9       +Notes:
        10      +»       1) The hp/abm board is headless and therefore does not define
        11      +»        CONFIG_GFXUMA, and does not require a video bios.
        12      +»       2) The micro USB connector on the board edge is connected to COM4
        13      +»        (i.e. I/O=2E8h). Coreboot needs to be configured to use Index=3.
        14      +»       3) If you are using SeaBIOS it would also need to be configured to
        15      +»        use the UART at I/O=2E8h.
        16      +»       3) This board has been tested with headless installed versions of
        17      +»        Ubuntu 12.10 and Fedora 19.

Is everyone fine with the used format? Should we use YAML or JSON to
make parsing easier?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/5948/