[coreboot] setting smbios values from the OS

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 22:55:56 CEST 2014

realistically, though, it's hard for me to see how setting the serial # at
firmware image build time scales. And setting it after boot makes no real
sense either -- it's not really a serial number if you're changing it at
that point.

But some way to customize the binary images with a serial number seems most
workable, if you're going to put the serial number in the firmware image at
all (which never made sense to me either --serial #s are supposed to be
indelible, and firmware images are not indelible).

ron