[coreboot] [RFH] Sponsor for Lenovo X60 wanted

Sven Schnelle svens at stackframe.org
Tue Jun 24 11:46:11 CEST 2014

Hi Paul,

Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> in the last weeks I started working a little on the Lenovo X60 support
> [1]. There are several issues like non-working 3D support with Linux
> 3.12+ [2]. Also Linux 3.11+ (or earlier) is unable to initialize the
> graphics device itself.
>
> Unfortunately I do not own such a device. Francis Rowe helped me a lot
> with testing, but asking others to test does not scale, so I am
> contacting you if there are some interested people to sponsor a Lenovo
> X60 (preferably with a docking station for easier debugging). I cannot
> give any promises of course, but am optimistic that I can hold up to
> testing coreboot and Linux regressions and hopefully get some of those
> fixed.

>From the time i've worked on the X60 support, i have a docking station
and a motherboard from an X60s. The bad thing is, it's only a
motherboard, so you don't have a TFT and keyboard/trackpoint. The good
thing: you run the motherboard without anything else on the docking
station, which is nice for coreboot development because you can access
almost anything on the hardware. I'm not sure if i soldered a SPI or LPC
connector to it for reflashing.

I don't have a complete X60 to spare (want to keep my X60), but just
drop me a line if you want to have that 'Coreboot development kit' :)

Regards
Sven