[coreboot] F2A85-M coreboot not working

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Mar 2 07:00:13 CET 2014

Rostislav Lisovy [mailto:lisovy at gmail.com] wrote:

]Hello;
]I am trying to run coreboot on F2A85-M motherboard (without VGA support
]enabled). The CPU used is AMD Trinity A8-5600K, RAM is Kingston HyperX
]PnP 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1866
](http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX1866C11D3P1K2_4G.pdf).
]
]I cloned the coreboot repository and ran 'make menuconfig'. The only
]options I set were motherboard vendor and type (RAM voltage is the
]default value of 1.5V). The desired payload is the default SeaBIOS. I
]have no interest in enabling VGA, thus I did not try to enable it.
]I used flashrom to flash the image. When I try to boot, execution fails
]with the following message (full log in the attachment):
]
]  Enabling resources...
]
]  Fam15 - domain_enable_resources: AmdInitMid.
]  agesawrapper_amdinitmid Unexpected Exception: 0 @ 10:0022fabf - Halting
]  Code: 0 eflags: 00010046
]  eax: 0002e630 ebx: 0000014d ecx: 00000002 edx: 00000000
]  edi: 100123e3 esi: 00000000 ebp: 10000660 esp: 002bcd60

This looks like a divide exception. Finding the source code
for the failing divide might help narrow down the problem. I
can't recreate your binary exactly so I can't find the failing
instruction from the eip value. But based on register values,
it looks like it is somewhere around line 334 of file
amd/agesa/f15tn/Proc/GNB/Modules/GnbInitTN/GfxGmcInitTN.c
You might be able to use the link map, disassembly, or debug
prints to figure out the exact source line that is failing.
Thanks,
Scott

]The number on my PCI POST card is "0x1".
]
]Unfortunately I have no other RAM modules to try. I tried to change the
]position from blue slots to black slots but then I got:
]
]  coreboot-4.0-5584-ge92155f-dirty Sat Mar  1 21:05:40 CET 2014 starting...
]  BSP Family_Model: 00610f01
]  cpu_init_detectedx = 00000000
]  agesawrapper_amdinitreset Fch OEM config in INIT RESET Done
]  Got past agesawrapper_amdinitearly
]  ASSERTION FAILED: file 'src/vendorcode/amd/agesa/f15tn/Proc/Mem/Main/mmExcludeDimm.c',  line 236
]
]The command 'make crossgcc' also seems not to help at all.
]
]I will appreciate any ideas.
]
]Regards;