[coreboot] qemu

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 07:30:51 CET 2014

I'm trying to do something very trivial and it fails badly.

Clean checkout. Make menuconfig. Select emulation, and the q35 chipset.
That's the only change I make. All else is default. I note that native vga
is selected by various Kconfigs.

Build crosstools.

Then build coreboot. The standard make brings in and builds seabios.

qemu-system-x86_64 --bios build/coreboot.rom -cdrom tinycore.iso -boot d

fails badly. If i set --nographic, I see it fails trying to load the
ramstage.

It continually restarts.

Without the --bios switch it boots the standard qemu bios just fine.

So, the question: does this work for any of you?

ron