[coreboot] [Coreboot] About (re)flash BIOS utility

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:40:37 CET 2014

> Hi All
>
> I am a novice with coreboot. I successfully build coreboot.rom follow
> www.coreboot.org.
> Now i want to burn it to flash chips. I tried using the vendors provide
> flash utility write to flash chips, it's can write success.

The vendor BIOS bootblock was likely left intact/untouched.

> I plug in 0x80 debug card to mainboard then power on, coreboot stop
> working and debug card output code is 0x02.

My guess is that the vendor BIOS' bootblock shows that particular code.
The files behind these links do not include POST code 0x02:
http://review.coreboot.org/gitweb?p=coreboot.git;a=blob;f=documentation/POSTCODES;h=85ad4d76f954eba88d4890432347eb0b1d7b7b51;hb=HEAD
and
http://review.coreboot.org/gitweb?p=coreboot.git;a=blob;f=src/include/console/post_codes.h;h=0310db3958146d2c78893b692799d57f62cf5eb7;hb=HEAD

Did you compile crossgcc right before 'make menuconfig'?