[coreboot] GSoC-2014 Coreboot project

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 20 13:45:07 CET 2014

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> On 20.03.2014 11:25, Allen Yan wrote:
> > Hi, David,
> >    When at AsusTek Suzhou, my work is mainly responsible for bios
> > porting and fixing bug.
>
> Do I understand it correctly, that you've had access to proprietary BIOS
> code? If so which papers did you sign and under what license did you get
> them?

Vladimir, I would assume that Jinyi signed a standard employment
agreement. Employment agreements contain a non-disclure clause
which covers all non-public information which the employer has
received from suppliers and customers.

> Depending on the answers it may partially or fully disqualify you
> from contributing to coreboot.

I disagree, and I think your tone is rude.

Please be supportive of GSoC candidates who are showing an interest
in coreboot, especially candidates such as Jinyi who can obviously
contribute with significant relevant experience from the firmware
domain.

Employment agreements have clauses about not working on competing
products. coreboot in summer of 2014 does not compete with BIOS for
commercial mainboards in 2008. I am obviously not a lawyer but I
can not see a problem here.

//Peter