[coreboot] Changes to the coreboot Project Structure

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Mar 21 19:20:44 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Stefan Reinauer <
stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org> wrote:

> * Build a MAINTAINERS file for common code, and encourage people to keep
>   subsystem maintainers in the loop for changes
>   Aiming for top notch code quality, the coreboot project is generally
>   trying to provide a solid and scalable framework for development as well
>   as a number of generic cross-chipset components. Changes to these parts
>   of the coreboot code affect a large number of supported systems. Hence
>   it is important to have gatekeepers in place to guarantee they stay
>   operational.

For non-common code, I am curious if it's possible to make MAINTAINERS
hierarchical, perhaps by using multiple files or adding an optional path
next to the person's name in the top-level file.

For example, if somebody has a particular interest in the x201, they can
echo "$NAME >> src/mainboard/lenovo/x201/MAINTAINERS"
or
echo "$NAME src/mainboard/lenovo/x201" >> MAINTAINERS"

and then have gerrit add $NAME as a reviewer to any patches that touch the
subdirectory.

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.