[coreboot] Expectations, project direction and interest of contributors (was: Changes to the coreboot Project Structure)

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:24:49 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Stefan Reinauer <
stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org> wrote:

> * Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> [140325 00:20]:
> > Additionally I heard claims, that the GPLv2 license is violated as it is
> > currently impossible to rebuild the exact same image that is shipped
> > with the devices as it is not even clear what commit was used to build
> > the image and to my knowledge the requests on the list and in the IRC
> > channel were not answered.
>
> Paul, I am not in the position to make any legal statement, nor do I
> want to.
>
> As a word of advice, you should stop spreading this FUD and allegations
> when you refuse to do any research on the topic yourself.

Also, throwing around such accusations is a great way to shut discussion.
You have effectively Godwin'd your own thread.

As Ron said, if you have a legitimate concern please feel free to reach out
to organizations such as the FSF. Spreading FUD on a mailing list like you
have done is far more damaging to coreboot than anything you have accused
others of doing.