[coreboot] A new, modern coreboot long-term support laptop

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:01:31 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM, Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 24.03.2014, 22:36 -0700 schrieb David Hendricks:
> > On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM, mrnuke <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Chose the hardware. Set up a github temporary fork. Send me the
> hardware. I
> > > got Pomona, I got SPI, I got USB debug, and I got the burning desire to
> > > make this happen.
> >
> > I like your attitude. See if there's a laptop that looks doable in the
> > ~$500 range, buy two of 'em, and tell me how to reimburse you.
> >
> > Note: $$$ would come from my own pocket and has nothing to do with my
> > employer.
>
> David, thank you for that offer.

Happy to help if it gets people focused on more productive things.

> Vladimir also hinted in #coreboot, if the hardware would be given to him
> he *could* try a port (with no promises of course). He was on vacation,

That doesn't sound very reassuring. Let's let him chime in if/when he wants
to commit to something.

> The question is how to best do that, so people
> do not get problems with taxes and so on?

I am not a tax attorney or accountant so please don't take what I have to
say into consideration when filing your taxes.