[coreboot] A new, modern coreboot long-term support laptop

mrnuke mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:44:17 CET 2014

On Monday, March 24, 2014 10:36:27 PM David Hendricks wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM, mrnuke <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Chose the hardware. Set up a github temporary fork. Send me the hardware.
> > I got Pomona, I got SPI, I got USB debug, and I got the burning desire to
> > make this happen.
>
> I like your attitude. See if there's a laptop that looks doable in the
> ~$500 range, buy two of 'em, and tell me how to reimburse you.

I like your attitude too. I've started developing a Candidacy page [1]. I
won't start fiddling hardware or funds until a consensus is reached as to the
best option.

There's an interesting trend with these ProBooks. In November, when I got my
chromebook, there was only one ProBook with AMD CPU available IIRC. Now there
are a number of such models. That may indicate we can expect those to be on
the market for a while, or I'm just remembering wrong and those have less than
a year of shelf life remaining.

Anyone has any experience with the AMD ProBooks? Are they built to last, or
are they crap?

Alex

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/User_talk:MrNuke/LTS_Candidates