[coreboot] unable to build coreboot with grub

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Oct 12 11:38:57 CEST 2014

Vipin Gahlaut wrote:
> I have cloned latest coreboot and trying to build with grub2 as payload. in
> make menuconfig I select grub2 instead of seabios. when I fire make command
> it checkout latest grub and that fails to build.

I don't think it is wise for coreboot to offer a plethora of payload
options, none of which actually work correctly at a given point in time.

I think it would be significantly better to only support one or two
payload options, and focus on 1) making them work at all and then 2)
making them work really well, with useful defaults and good automation
of all things that can be automated.

//Peter