[coreboot] ASUS F2A85-M questions

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:56:58 CET 2014

Hello!
The rest of the group will chime in soon, but is the board currently
running a known working distribution of Linux? Some released ones do
not provide good toolchains for us.

The other problem here is that we'll need to have you run such tools
as are shown on the wiki. Please note that they need to be run at the
prompt. One of them is the superio tool, and the other is the flashrom
tool. The other one concerns itself with the tool to reading the
contents of the PCI management registers. (It also tells us what
components were used to glue the entire system together.)

For example some examples shown are untested because the boards are
wearing proprietary parts who were specially built for them. Intel is
famous for doing that...

Oh and regarding the ROM chip containing your system's commercial BIOS
I suggest tracking down spares as you might need them. The other
problem is how the part is fastened down on the board.
I believe that covers it.

Ron, group, if I overstepped my bounds, please sayso but do that off of list.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com