[coreboot] Using LPC bus communication via coreboot.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jan 3 07:27:09 CET 2015

Paulo wrote:
> We want to test if communication via LPC is functioning

Spend more time studying the architecture.

LPC is decoded as were it a local bus, but the particular platform
may require you to configure this decoding.

coreboot doesn't have any general model covering this. It's just one
of the numerous things missing from the project.

> Can someone inform if I can do that and how ?

Just issue appropriate instructions.

> This message and any attachment to it contains confidential information
> exclusively for the recipients. Please do not forward or distribute it
> to anyone else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform
> us immediately by answering it and then delete this message from your system.

Please understand how ridiculous and harmful the above lines in your
message are, especially in the context of an open source project
which is public *by design*.

//Peter