[coreboot] T400 screen issue / EDID handling

kroms at posteo.be kroms at posteo.be
Sat Jul 4 11:11:47 CEST 2015

Dear Paul, dear Ron,

thank you for your messages!

I used a pre-compiled libreboot ROM image for flashing my T400:

t400_8mb_ukqwerty_vesafb.rom

(source: http://mirrors.mit.edu/libreboot/20150518/rom/)

I attached most of the requested information, I hope I found the right
information:

requested information -> attached file or remark

.config of coreboot -> config_t400_8mb_libreboot

and the payload -> the 4 files beginning with grub_

log files from coreboot (cbmem -c) -> cbmem_-c

the payload -> I dont know to get or find it.

and Linux -> Do you mean the output of dmesg?

output of `build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom print ->
cbfstool_t400_8mb_ukqwerty_vesafb.rom (I used cbfstool on the used
pre-compiled rom)

I attached the EDID dumps from my non working and a working display as
well.

I hope this helps, if you need further information please let me know
and I will try to provide them.

If you still need the logs files from the payload and Linux please give
me the commands I have to execute. I am kind of a noob using Linux.

Thanks again an best regards,

Kroms