[coreboot] GCC update broke AMD Fam10h boot

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Fri Mar 20 03:53:50 CET 2015

>   145a8a:       83 c3 14                add    $0x14,%ebx

Okay, sorry, I didn't know you looked that closely into this. That's
quite unrefuteable.

The only question that I still have is then WTF the compiler was
thinking... this just sounds like a plain bug somewhere (but I agree
that doesn't really help us much). We could still work around it with
an explicit __attribute__((aligned, 4)) or __attribute__((packed)) if
that works... I guess if the compiler does this for no apparent
reason, then there's no real guarantee that a simple list of pointers
won't also get screwed up like this?