[coreboot] Please be polite! (was: QEMU x86_64 Q35 Automated Test Failure)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 1 14:39:32 CEST 2015

Dear Gerd, dear Greg,

sorry for the late reply.

Am Dienstag, den 21.04.2015, 11:31 -0400 schrieb Gregg Levine:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Di, 2015-04-21 at 02:24 -0500, Raptor Engineering Automated Test Stand wrote:
> > > The QEMU x86_64 Q35 fails verification as of commit 7ab46f8085146db57699001462da871f2e4d9965
> >
> > Log says at the end "RAPTOR ENGINEERING AUTOMATED TEST BOOT SUCCESS"
> >
> > Can you fix your test case and stop spamming the list please?
> >
> > > Please contact Timothy Pearson at Raptor Engineering
> > > <tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com> regarding any issues stemming
> > > from this notification
> >
> > [x] done.
>
> Hello!
> My thoughts exactly. Thank you sir.
>
> I suspect somehow it was supposed to be internal to hs outfit only.
> And something changed with regards to the logic behind how those
> annoying e-mail messages being sent to us.
>
> As for the test cases, they are extremely confusing to me. How many of
> us also were?

The confusion could be solved in the mean time, but I still want to
reply.

After reading both of your replies to the test stand message, I was very
angry and disappointed about the bad assumptions you both made and the,
in my opinion, impolite style by using words like *spamming* and
*annoying*.

For the future I wish that we first assume that the other side is
meaning well. So I should assume, both of you meant well too. But I just
wanted to get it out.

In the end, in my opinion, the Raptor Engineering Automated Test Stand¹
is the best contribution to the coreboot infrastructure since the
switching to a git based workflow. So big thanks to Raptor Engineering
and Timothy!

Thanks,

Paul

¹ REATS is a strange acronym. Maybe a better name can be found. ;-)