[coreboot] QEMU build failure in master

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Wed May 6 18:49:40 CEST 2015

On 05/06/2015 11:45 AM, Aaron Durbin wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Aaron Durbin<adurbin at google.com>  wrote:
>
> I see the error in your original email...
>
> coreboot/src/lib/timestamp.c:184: undefined reference to `timer_monotonic_get'
>
> Does your qemu build have a timestamp_get() defined?

I'm not sure.  The failing builds have long since been destroyed by
other test runs from Gerrit, so I'd need to build this on a different
machine to check.

> $ git grep timestamp_get | grep void
> src/arch/arm/armv7/timestamp.c:uint64_t timestamp_get(void)
> src/arch/arm64/timestamp.c:uint64_t timestamp_get(void)
> src/arch/x86/lib/timestamp.c:uint64_t timestamp_get(void)
> src/include/timestamp.h:uint64_t timestamp_get(void);
> src/lib/timestamp.c:uint64_t  __attribute__((weak)) timestamp_get(void)
> src/soc/imgtec/pistachio/monotonic_timer.c:uint64_t timestamp_get(void)
>
> That's what I see. Presumably your qemu build is using the one in
> src/arch/x86/lib/timestamp.c. Do you have a config I can use to try
> and reproduce? The weak symbol might be picked up inappropriately. If
> that's the case then... did I ever say how much I don't like our
> linking process?

Configuration file attached.  As I mentioned before, this file worked
fine until the recent commit.  I haven't analysed the problem in any
detail except to find the offending commit, so it is quite possible the
configuration file still needs an update.

Thanks!

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering